Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Ants Go Marching...


Sometimes I wonder at "normal" people. You know, those select persons that have no artistic bone in their highly organized skeletal structure...they seem so entranced by my artistic creativity and ability. Even some of the artists I DO know constantly question where my inspiration evolves from, as if I am the only one privy to the bubbling waters of the artistic fountain of creativity. Yes, that is right...I know where the elusive fountain is and I will tell you where to get some, FOR A PRICE! All kidding aside...inspiration for me crops up randomly...like a rest stop bathroom on a very long drive. The more urban your area, the more bathrooms...out in the sticks...well, your just up &$%@ creek!

No really.....inspiration presents itself in the small things like this picture of marching ants.

These are for my daughter's first Kindergarten presentation on a bug (Can you believe that her teacher even gave her the option of a PowerPoint presentation to enhance her computer skills---PowerPoint in Kindergarten?!). She picked ants and needed a visual to accompany her oral presentation. We decided to construct the highly original and classic....Egg Carton Ant! You know, those cute ones that YOU made in school prior to PowerPoint presentations, sculpty, Michaels and JoAnns....that's right....with chenille pipe cleaner appendages. When I saw those cute ants marching on my kitchen counter, that bolt of artistic lightening jolted me enough to take a picture to remind myself that ants, in black and red would be great to render in the wire/paper process I am particularly fond of right now. Just like the Spring Bee I posted several days prior. Who wouldn't love some marching ants to hang on your bedroom or living room wall? And if you don't like this idea....I can recommend some other really great blogs to read....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.