Monday, April 28, 2008

Red Kite Original Sketches



For those individuals that know me, they have probably wondered the reason for calling my blog, "Red Kite Gallery". Besides the fact that I found someone else on Etsy using Brite Ideas Designs (only spelled correctly!), I wanted a trademark that people could really identify me with and the red balloon was already taken. My goal with starting up a new Etsy store was to deviate from the lamps and night lights and really focus on my drawings and paintings, which also seem to do better on Etsy than what I was doing.
So, I have been hard at work generating some cute and whimsical sketches in ink on white card stock. Listed above are just a few examples of my sketches. With Spring slowing creeping to the Pacific Northwest, I find myself very focused on little spring critters. There is just something really cute about snails and slugs and ants. They stir up a childlike curiosity in me. Most of the sketches are rendered with brown sharpie and feature a small kite somewhere in them that I hand-color in red. I do plan on selling all the sketches as originals...so there will be no prints! The first group of 10 drawings were done on plain computer paper, so they will be listed as cheaper than the card stock ones. I hope to get the Red Kite Gallery Etsy Store open and running within a week or so.
Bye now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the tiny red kites in these pictures...these would be wonderful illustrations for a children's book; they make me think of Alice Through the Looking Glass, but I'm not sure why....maybe a cross between that and a Where's Waldo - the first thing I did was try to find all the kites. ;) Patti