Thursday, May 1, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake!








Last night on Etsy chat we somehow got on the discussion of cake decorating.
Ah-Ha! And you all thought that my artistic skills ended in the realm of canvas, paper, wire and glue....not so!
Give me a paper clip, tape, paper and a pen and I guarantee that I will be able to devise some type of creative project...it may not be able to get us out of a burning building..but at least I could draw a pretty good escape route.
Anyway...back to cakes...
the conversation was first about this awesome cupcake book I had seen at Barnes & Nobles called "Hello Cupcake". This book is chock-full of some of the cutest cupcake ideas I have ever seen. Upon smearing the Etsy chat with my desire to mimic cupcakes as listed in the book...all of the hidden cake decorators came crawling out of the wood-work like termites to a new chunk of fresh cut Pine. Cake pictures were flying everywhere and it was pretty hard to dodge them.
Much to my dismay, I practically lost my head because no one could see my cakes that were listed on Cakecentral because of a lack of site access and accounts. So...needless to say...ON WITH THE PARADE OF CAKES! Eat your heart out!

1 comment:

Kelsie said...

1. Wow! You are amazing! Do you paint with regular food coloring, or do you use Amricolor or Wilton paste color?

2. I love etsy! What a cool website

3. Yes, I'm a member of cakecentral. My user name there is caketeen09.

4. Thank you so much for your kind comments! Although Food Network might be a long way away for me, I also enjoy watching that addictive show! :) Oh, and marshmallow fondant is really really sweet, but it's yummy.

Thanks again!
Kelsie