Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm going into diabetic shock!



It's a good thing that I am not really into eating cake and thank goodness I don't like ice cream either because it makes decorating cakes a breeze!
This decorating is basically painting on a cake with liquid food coloring and an alcohol like Vodka (works as a thinner). The canvas that permits me to paint is Marshmallow Fondant. The recipe is pretty easy, just really, really messy (which I don't like). Ever met an artist that doesn't like to get their hands dirty? That's me, especially a sticky white gloppy mess....Yuck!
However, as soon as it is fondant and like canvas, it is great to work with. Everything that I have listed was constructed using Fondant and not gumpaste, etc.
Enjoy!
(Oh, and as much as I would love too....cake orders don't ship well! Sorry, no special orders on cakes unless you are in the immediate local area!)

No comments: