Monday, May 19, 2008

The English Touch



Cheerio Dears!

I have a lovely friend and frequent patron of the arts (especially my art) that I just love to speak with. She has a lively and vibrant personality and is just wonderful to bounce ideas off of. She is like a ray of sunshine that breaks through the clouds of Seattle, showering my days with glimpses of glittery whimsies and creative inspiration. Funny how just one person can set off a wave of inspiration. Maybe it is because she is from overseas that she seems somehow more mysterious than the norm...and her lovely English accent and voice either leave me in laughter or envy for such a regal tone of speech.

After speaking with this friend, I always leave wishing that I was from England...or somewhere other than here....But I am not, so I just vicariously live through the fanciful stories, recipes, and trivials that we share together. She doesn't think that she is all that special, but she is quite special...very creative...and super supportive!

Yesterday she offered to let my daughter play at her house with her son...which enabled me to work on some more ink drawings. Of course I could not help but share the ones that I had been working on....


They were "I love the rain" and "Bon Vacances" as seen in the picture above. This mini art showing was a result of me informing her that I had sold the "Turtle Town" ink that I had just listed on Etsy and that she already had an original of. Upon seeing my newest images of "Turtle Tours the World"....she then stated that she must have Seattle and Paris and preceded to inform me that she would merely have her husband sign his paycheck over to me when I described the idea of rendering Big Ben Clock Tower next. Well, of course I could not leave my British friend high and dry while most conveniently watching my daughter...so, of course, in true Rittenhouse style...I gave her Big Ben...but I also drew it again for the Etsy shop...another original though...not a print of it. I am not sure which city will be Turtle's next stop!

Washington D.C., New York, Athens, Madrid, Sydney...we'll just have to see, won't we!

Ta Ta for now!

No comments: