Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In the Corner

I am sure that many of you have been wondering where the Red Kite has been. I tucked her away in the corner for a while as I tested different techniques and returned to painting in oils. But then the weather of the PNW suddenly took a turn towards winter again and it grew incredibly dark, dreary, and cold! I must admit that my attitude also began to transform to reflect this nasty weather.

Here is it June and we are having highs of only about 50-55 degrees! The cold, rain and overcast skies leave me feeling more than just dreary...and more like I am suffering from Seasonal Affect Disorder. Often, I just do not feel as if I can work in this type of weather and I also do not enjoy being stuck in the house for such a long period of time...slowly accumulating the trapped feeling of cabin fever.

My thoughts tend to turn dark and discouraging....but relief is in sight because the weather is predicted to turn sunny towards the end of the week and I have been slowly progressing on some projects....especially the cards and stationary I have been trying to master for quite some time on my technological beast!

Sun up!

No comments: