Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Jam Ladies

When fall comes to the PNW, there is a crisp cold air that blows through and there is a scent of dying leaves as they begin to fall and accumulate on the ground. Even though it is "supposed" to be summer....I could smell the scents of fall all around me. But the only thing that I did not smell was the sweet scent of ripening berries on the vines, whose scent carries on the wind.

This cold weather is very much like the same weather when I make my jellies and jams. I love the way the kitchen is encompassed by the smell of cooking apples, blackberries, plums, sugar and spices. It smells especially nice when I make apple butter and spiced apple plum sauce.

But since the season of fruit is not upon us....I miss the process of making the jellies...the smells...and the jars... and, of course, that is when inspiration hits!

Since I could not make jellies, I decided to make Jelly and Jam Ladies...and in a variety of different flavors.... here are some, with more on the way!

Granny Blackberry
Miss Strawberry
Mademoiselle Marmalade
Lady Blueberry



Bye for now!
More to come!

No comments: