Sunday, May 11, 2008

You CAN teach an old dog new tricks!






As the Pacific Northwest creeps into spring, at a pace unable to describe....merely because a snail's ability to travel is faster than the weather here and I can't seem to think of an animal any slower....no..wait...the sloth is the slowest animal on earth, so slow that moss grows upon him. And we have more moss growing here than any place I have lived before. Yes, the Pugent Sound is similar to a large furry and exceptionally slow moving sloth that would rather sit, enduring the cold rain and moss growing upon him than relocate to warmer weather because it would require too much effort.
This small description of the PNW is almost enough to have me scurrying to my small hole of a studio to scratch out another ink drawing of a hanging sloth with an entire mushroom city living on its belly. As enticing an idea it is...that would deviate from the importance of what this lovely post has to say.
The Red Kite would be having a field day out in the cold winds that have been blowing around...but myself, on the other hand, can not seem to hold onto the string because my hands have long since turned purple and lost all their feeling...quickly numbing. So I let the kite fall to the ground and gingerly place it in the corner of the room as I sit before this contraption called...the Computer! Ooh! Dreaded technological beast! You haunt my dreams with nightmares of eaten artwork, failed uploads, and an inability to tame your photoshop programs.

That's right...for the past several days I have been lost in the computer's lair attempting to tame this foul beast by learning his photoshop secrets. I am by no means a master and have not found its hidden treasure chest, but I have found several trinkets that will enable me to improve my condition. By this, I mean I have finally found out how to turn my ink drawings into digitally colored images. This also means that I will be able to create colored prints of my art. I hope the examples are enticing! Enjoy!




No comments: